2023 Southeastern United Grape and Wine Symposium
Thursday, November 09, 2023
09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Shelton–Badgett NC Center for Viticulture and Enology
Surry Community College, South Main Street, Dobson, NC, USA
The Southeastern United Grape and Wine Symposium was created to address the needs of the Grape and Wine Industry in the Southeastern United States. Surry Community College provides hands-on, technical educational programs in the Southeast. The Symposium is a direct result of our mission.
Talks and Speakers:
Marketing/Business | Keynote
- Dr. Natalia Velikova, Texas Tech
Marketing / Business | Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion planning & strategy into your business, brand, and events
- Sharon Fenchak, Biltmore Estate Winery
- Crista Guebert, Golden Road Vineyards
- Micah Habershaw, RayLen Vineyards
Viticulture & Enology | Petit Manseng Optimal Ripeness and Style
- Caitlin Horton - Horton Vineyards, VA
- Lee Hartman - Bluestone Vineyard, VA
- Cory Lillberg, Parker-Binns Vineyard, NC
Business & Marketing | Tasting Room KPIs ≠ Key Performance Indicators, KPIs = Keeping people informed, involved, interested, and inspired
- Jennie Hess, Shelton Vineyards
- Carrie Brown, JOLO Winery / Levi Banks, JOLO
- David Bower, Surry Community College
More talks coming soon...
Network with your fellow wine industry members after the vendor floor closes in the SCC cellar while exploring new varietals and styles of wine that we are trialing here at the Shelton-Badgett Center.
The Grand Wine Tasting - The Heart of the Symposium!
Wineries from all around the Southeast gather in the grand hall to pour for attendees. Food is provided that is paired specifically for each winery, this is an event you can't miss!
Select a ticket and proceed to registration details